Reeves tries to blend its long business experience with a contemporary business mentality. We act for clients of all sizes from all sectors of business and recognise that the advice that we provide impacts on various stakeholders.
As technologies develop and new initiatives are undertaken this environmental policy will always be ‘work in progress’ and it will be reviewed regularly.
We try to exceed out clients’ expectations and have a ‘Client Charter’ in place which helps us strive for providing clients with a first class, efficient, caring and continuing professional service. For more details of our Client Charter please see our Client Charter page.
We endeavour to ‘give back’ to our local community wherever we can. We continue to contribute in the following ways: -
- We provide professional advice to local charities free of charge or at a discounted rate.
- More than 50% of our suppliers are local to us.
- Individuals and the Firm as a whole support various Chambers of Commerce and Trade.
- Reeves has worked in collaboration with Business Link Kent on technical matters and has also provided speakers at events.
- Each year Reeves provides work experience for approximately 15 students from local schools and colleges. We have also taken on foreign students for up to 12 weeks of work experience.
- Reeves supports students who excel in accounting, and in 2010 presented a cash prize to the Canterbury Christ Church University student who acheived the highest grade in their accounting degree.
- Office snacks and sweets are provided by local charities (Tuck by Truck and Great Ormond Street).
- Each year Reeves supports a different charity, chosen by staff, by way of dress-down days. Charities we have supported include the Kent Wildlife Trust, Kent Air Ambulance and Playing for Success. Demelza Hospice Care for Children was chosen for 2010. We have also raised money for MacMillan Cancer Support and Comic Relief.
- Kreston International is an international network of accountancy firms in which Reeves takes a leading role. This network has helped our clients set up businesses, export and expand overseas.
We have made the following changes to help us achieve environmental best practice:
Use of Paper
- Increased use of email and online media rather than paper based communications.
- In-house design and use of software enabling PC users to edit and approve letters ‘on screen’. This avoids draft copies being printed on paper.
- Minimizing the paper based information retained on client files.
- Letterhead is made from elemental chlorine free pulp which is obtained from sustainable wood forests. Our largest volume print item is produced on 100% recycled stock.
- Adopting smaller formats for printed materials.
- Printing double sided documents where possible.
- Making every effort to recycle waste including paper, cardboard, metal and plastic.
- All paper is treated as confidential waste and shredded before being sent for recycling.
- Ensuring that hazardous waste is disposed of appropriately. All redundant IT equipment is either donated to local charities or disposed of complying with the WEEE directive.
- Car sharing is actively encouraged throughout the company. At one of our offices, priority parking is offered to those who are prepared to car share.
- Cycling and walking are encouraged wherever possible.
- New technology is used to reduce electricity consumption of computers.
- Energy efficient light bulbs are used.
- Energy efficient heating is used.
- Aiming to use less water.
- Staff are encouraged to turn off electrical items not in use.
- Environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Fairtrade and ecologically friendly alternatives wherever possible.
- Local suppliers wherever practicable to do so.
- Aim to pay suppliers no more than 14 days from Reeves receiving their invoices.
In addition to the above, we also aim to:
- Assess the environmental impact of all past, current and future operations and fully integrate these considerations and objectives into its business decisions.
- Communicate this policy to members of staff, and consult with them to ensure that they take an active role in its implementation and review.
We have core values in place which include:
- We treat all individuals within the Firm with honesty and respect. We consistently strive to develop all our people to the full, to be individuals of high regard in their community.
- We continually develop the range and depth of our own skills to service our clients and support our colleagues.
Although the Firm is always open to ideas, there is also a staff forum which meets twice a year whereby members of staff are encouraged to put forward any ideas or suggestions and also have the chance to ask questions through nominated representatives.
Reeves has a Sports and Social committee which organises social events for staff. These include an annual car rally, an annual quiz and a Christmas party, as well as inter-office football and netball tournaments.